Magic Markets Ep3: Touch my junk (bonds)
- Magic Markets, Podcasts, South Africa
- Credit, Debt, Downgrade, Fitch, Government bonds, Junk status, Moody's, Ratings agencies, Standard and Poor's
- November 27, 2020
In the third episode of Magic Markets, we ask you to touch our junk. Well, our junk bonds. To be more precise, we unpack the role of ratings agencies and why investors use them to rate government and corporate bonds.
Join The Finance Ghost and Mohammed Nalla of Moe-Knows.com as we answer these questions:
- What do ratings agencies do?
- Why do investors rely on them?
- What is a downgrade?
- What is junk status?
- Are there still investors for junk bonds?
- What can South Africa do to elevate ourselves out of junk status?
This episode is sponsored by Gray Capital, an independent wealth management company. Gray Capital combines the art of financial planning with the science of investing, helping you achieve your financial goals. Gray Capital is an authorised financial services provider.